Beautiful 40FT Off Grid Skoolie Ready for a Layout in Your Image!Add to Favourites
Phone number (ask for Darren):
Meet Big Bird. She is a Partial Build and Packaged with all of the finer things in life!
She was originally sourced and fabricated by professional builders- @BusLifeStudios (you can find them and BB on Instagram).
We drove her all the way from OR to OK on the most amazing 6 day trip. And let me tell you, solar power, warm outdoor showers, and the views were a pure luxury. We had every intention of finishing the woodwork to create our own dream home on wheels…
But life shifted & our kids needed something different, so we did too. ❤️
She has everything you need to be anywhere in the US (and other) without a lick of shore power or water (don’t worry, you also have access to that too)
This bus needs a family or couple that wants to build their own layout, colors, and dream but would rather skip the struggle of YouTubing “how to” fabricate & install solar panels or hire out a ton of different people to create a base for their bus.
The Bus Details: • 2002 40FT Thomas SAF-T-Liner
• CAT diesel w/ Allison Transmission
• 193K miles, Rust Free & in amazing condition
The Finer Details: * Rust Remediation & painted floors
* 2520 watts of solar power
* Complete solar system: 200ah, 48v of AGM batteries, 4000 watt inverter, 80amp charge controller, safety fuses, heat/smoke detectors, fireball, & fire extinguisher * 225 gallons of fresh water installed
* 100 gallons grey water tank with shore connections
* All electrical run with marine grade wire, breaker box, two dozen outlets & switches
* Installed mini-split heat/air conditioner & fabricated rack to hold it
* Installed propane Furnace & digital thermometer.
* Already installed chimney for wood stove, black/gold trim wood stove also included
* Front dirt bike rack on a removable double hitch set up
* Heavy duty rear hitch
* Installed water heater
* Plumbing throughout the bus, ready for direct install of composing toilet, shower, kitchen sink, washer/dryer
* Installed 30 amp shore power connection
* Installed Underbody propane rack, hatch, and propane lines ran & ready for connection
* Relocation of one of the passenger heaters under bus so it can serve as a second radiator when climbing mountains!
* 2 exterior mounted tables
* Treated, outdoor Wood deck on roof top with ladder access & 5 D-rings
* 1 Passenger seat installed, another passenger seat available & will go with the bus * Mini Wood Burning Stove with necessities for hookup
* Paid in full, title in hand and all paperwork about the bus and the build available
What this Bus Needs:
• Installation of Walls & Floors
• Woodwork in your image
• Paint if desired ❤️
Please don’t hesitate to reach out for questions, details, and more!
Phone Number: (580)585-0922
I’ve also linked a 10 minute YouTube with a hearty explanation of everything that comes with this amazing bus!
Thank you for taking the time to read & we can’t wait to Connect with you!
Getting Started Articles
The steps required to insure your school bus conversion with links to insurance companies who offer coverage for school bus… Read More
Hello everyone! My name is Chris with TheOffGridSkoolie and I been living and adventuring in vehicles for over 10 years.… Read More
Crackle and pop in a snap with these wood stove pro tips. Written by: Elizabeth Paashaus, Deliberate Life Bus Elizabeth… Read More
One night and you're home. Lynne Larson explains the perks and process of becoming a South Dakota Resident When traveling… Read More
Thinking about buying a van, bus, RV or trailer to live in? Here are 5 ways you can start today,… Read More